Loading... If the site doesn't appear or is incomplete, please reload this page. If the problem persists, please contact Support.

How to use different textures efficiently... ?

Sign in to post a message.
Ec461d3a951d64adb6f532f8ef70cdd99e979210
<h1>How do you use different textures efficiently, in order to create a piece which isn&#39;t too repetitive, yet can still last a long time staying &quot;fresh&quot;?</h1> <p>When listening to orchestral music from films or games, such as from <strong>Hans Zimmer</strong> or <strong>Yoko Shimomura</strong> (two of my favourite composers), I&#39;ve noticed that I can keep on listening to the same pieces. For a very long time. Although this may not seem surprising, I&#39;ve noticed that it&#39;s because of the way different ideas are introduced and layered by different instruments and rhythms, during new variations of a very simple theme/motif or chord sequence.</p> <h1>With my music...</h1> <p>I find that I often use a polyphonic texture with lots of counterpoint. Because I introduce many themes/ideas at the same time, I often run out of steam too soon, which is the case in this piece I&#39;m working on at the moment: <a href="http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/c61cd6f777c3df217d0235e1a9bcd6a74b94163e">Please give me ideas... ): </a></p> <p><strong>If possible, I&#39;d like somebody to teach me how to structure my music effectively.</strong></p> <p>Of course, an unfortunately large part of the problem is my complete lack of innate ability to create a strong melody. (-_-;)</p> <p>Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and have a nice day! (b^_^)b</p> <hr> <p>(~~^@_@^)~~ Braaaaaaaaainz</p>