Loading... If the site doesn't appear or is incomplete, please reload this page. If the problem persists, try using Noteflight Classic.

How to use different textures efficiently... ?

Sign in to post a message.
Ec461d3a951d64adb6f532f8ef70cdd99e979210
SnazzyBootsX posted almost 2 years ago Icon_flag-d1b487e23b73d24c3b2cdec67d702afb flag

How do you use different textures efficiently, in order to create a piece which isn't too repetitive, yet can still last a long time staying "fresh"?

When listening to orchestral music from films or games, such as from Hans Zimmer or Yoko Shimomura (two of my favourite composers), I've noticed that I can keep on listening to the same pieces. For a very long time.
Although this may not seem surprising, I've noticed that it's because of the way different ideas are introduced and layered by different instruments and rhythms, during new variations of a very simple theme/motif or chord sequence.

With my music...

I find that I often use a polyphonic texture with lots of counterpoint. Because I introduce many themes/ideas at the same time, I often run out of steam too soon, which is the case in this piece I'm working on at the moment: Please give me ideas... ):

If possible, I'd like somebody to teach me how to structure my music effectively.

Of course, an unfortunately large part of the problem is my complete lack of innate ability to create a strong melody. (-_-;)

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and have a nice day! (b^_^)b

(~~^@_@^)~~
Braaaaaaaaainz

Your browser must have JavaScript enabled to use the new Noteflight. Use Noteflight Classic